Consultant work for analysis, design, development or management of software systems on a Corp-to-Corp basis.
Andrew Gettings is the president of Bullseye Consulting which develops and manages customized SharePoint applications and other software and databases for businesses. He has run several businesses, and with over 25 years of experience in computer technologies, can deliver well-designed IT solutions tailored for business.
SharePoint Experience Summary
- SharePoint 2010 Server Enterprise, Standard and Foundation; WSS 3.0, MOSS
- Best practices consulting Microsoft Certified Professional
- Discover, Analyze, Design, Configure, Develop, Test, Deploy, Train
- Out of the Box Farm Configuration, Taxonomy, Content Types, Governance, Workflows, Search Center Customization, Custom Document Libraries, Picture and Video Libraries, Content Deployment, Blogs, Site Templates, List Templates, more
Visual Studio 2005, 2008 and 2010, Event Handlers, Custom Navigation, Workflows, Feature Creation Deployment and Management, SP Web Services Consumption
SharePoint Designer, Workflows, DataFormWebPart Customization, MasterPage Customization, Page Layouts, Reports
- Solutions Branded Web Site via Web Content Management (WCM), Forms Based Authentication (FBA), Anonymous access, Enterprise Content Management (ECM)
- Third party integration and usage Knowledge Lake (easy metadata for scanning), Perfectus, Telerik RAD controls (menu (evaluation) and dynamic chart image (used in production), Bamboo Dataviewer and Rollup (evaluations), Sharepoint Shared Services Search Provider Property Creation (SSSPPC on CodePlex - managed properties migration), Logviewer (CodePlex), more
MS SQL Server, Firebird SQL, Interbase, MS Access, ADO, ODBC, SQL, Stored Procedures, Design, Normalization, Optimization
Operating Systems and Virtualization
Windows 2008 Server, Windows Vista, 2003 Server, XP, 2000 Server, NT, others
VMWare Workstation, VMWare Server, VMWare ESX, Microsoft Virtual Server, Microsoft Virtual PC
IIS, Application Pools, Client/Server & Multi-tier, Backend (server-side) Development, Web Hosting
CSS, Web Site Design and Maintenance, Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
1997Present Bullseye Consulting Chelmsford, MA
Create and manage IT resources.
SharePoint 2010 Clients
- Kiva Systems Helped roll out initial implementation of SharePoint for 200-plus users. Led projects for workflows, custom event handlers for site creation. Worked on governance, training, records management, upgrade from Standard to Enterprise, 3rd-party tool evaluations, My Site implementation, etc.
- Power Plant Management Services Assist creating special SharePoint site collections for Power Plant compliance.
- KleenEnergy Assist moving web site to new SharePont Farm
- SchoolWorks Custom workflows with list-based configuration, migration from WSS 3.0 to SharePoint 2010, more.
- Edimer Recommendations for using WSS 3.0, help with periodic SharePoint backup
- First Professional AJAX charts based on SharePoint lists, import of FTP XML into SharePoint lists using both WSS 3.0 and SharePoint 2010.
- CakeWalk Gather requirements and install WSS 3.0.
- JPal analyze performance problems and recommend steps for improvement.
- SkyRope Maintain ASP.Net web site showing parts and prices is stored in a SQL Server Database.
- TAC Worldwide Commission Calculations Engine Help design and write web application which spawns asynchronous threads to determine weekly and monthly values using nine different modules. Designed and helped implement architecture to make each module modifiable without the need to retest and deploy all the other modules.
Tools: C#, ASP.Net, Oracle 9.2, Oracle 8i, SQL, SQL Server 2000, Multiple Asynchronous Threads under IIS, Custom IIS Thread Pools, Dynamically Loaded Class Libraries, Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition, CSS
Price Reporting Company:
Sole developer then project manager for many programs.
- Price Change Alert Design, implement reports using "push technology" where reports are generated and emailed to customers via custom native Windows 2000 service.
- Web Reports Designed, implemented, maintain and host web application and database changes to generate standard and ad-hoc Adobe Acrobat (PDF), MS Excel and HTML reports for categories to which users have subscribed. Administered entire program development life cycle. Provide web hosting.
- CPR Provide maintenance work for custom software: additional import formats, tweaking UI, and reports
Firebird Host Web hosting business on colocated server.
2006 - Present Corridor Consulting Burlington, MA
First Data Corporation
Create custom Workflows
Customize advanced search center scopes, filtering and output
Conditionally populate list item meta-data from parent folder via event handlers
Create custom page to permit users kick off specific workflows based on user selections and privileges
Migrate managed properties from development using SharePoint Shared Services Search Provider Property Creation (SSSPPC) from CodePlex.
Tools: MOSS, VS 2005, VS 2008, ASP.Net 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, C#, SharePoint Designer 2007, SharePoint features, XML, XSLT
- Design, implement and deploy Enterprise Contract Management (ECM) site
Tools: WSS 3.0, SPD 2007, Knowledge Lake
- Integrate custom multi-level navigation into customized SharePoint master page so that static and dynamic links appear on every page with a menu via two ASPMenu instances
Tools: MOSS, Visual Studio 2005, C#, SharePoint Designer 2007
- Assist in design of Enterprise contract management system for multiple international companies
- Specify migration of existing MOSS lists with attachments to MOSS document library
- Evaluate, specify strategy for executive summary
- Consult on MOSS implementation, best practices and migration
- Prepare to take over role of developer
Tools: MOSS, Infopath
- Implemented Web Content Management for corporate website CWCapital.com
- FBA and anonymous access
- Use HTML and CSS from design and implement it into two SharePoint master pages (one for splash) and multiple page layouts for completely new look and feel.
- Set up DMZ SharePoint environment using SQL logins for SharePoint (yes, this can be done without AD or Windows login).
- Create custom navigation integrating with .Net navigation provider
- Implement multiple dropdowns on single page layouts to dynamically filter data on DFWP (dataform webpart)
- Custom user controls for news spotlight, other functionality
- Integrate Telerik RAD tools Chart Image with SharePoint for dynamic graphs
- Implement WCM approval workflows
Tools: MOSS, WCM, FBA, VS 2005, C#, ASP.Net 2.0, 3.0, SharePoint Designer 2007, Gemini, SQL Server 2005, VMWare, XML, XSLT
- Set up WSS, Content Types, Custom Workflows
Tools: WSS 3.0, SharePoint Designer 2007
Darwin Professional Underwriters
- Consult on MOSS implementation, best practices and migration
- Aid in creating taxonomies, design and implement Content Types
- Stand up MOSS on development and production
- Customize advanced search center - filtering and output
Tools: MOSS, XML, XSLT, ASP.Net, SQL Server 2005
2005- 2006 Trionia Cohasset, MA
Autopart International - Consultant / Project Manager
Work with client CIO as project manager for 4 projects:
- ACES Catalogs Manage project to generate industry standard XML output for generation of automobile parts catalogs from SQL Server database to XML format using C# and .Net.
- Online Catalogs Manage offshore development team to update and maintain internal and external auto parts catalogs.
- Business Intelligence Reports Assist management of offshore team for generation of Sales Reports by period etc.
- Zone Picker Managed and updated Windows system of programs to allocate manpower for generating lists of items to pick at a warehouse to fill orders.
Tools: VB.Net, .Net Windows applications, ASP.Net, SQL Server 2000, stored procedures, SQL, J D Edwards One World
2001 - 2006 e-numera Billerica, MA
Atlas and AJAX Installed MS Atlas and created test implementations of AJAX in preparation for a project
Tools: C#, ASP.Net 2.0, VB.Net, Atlas, AJAX, SQL Server Express
- Henry - Implemented single sign on for Active Directory users into an intranet portal (DotNetNuke).
Tools: Active Directory integration with Dot Net Nuke 4.x (DNN), ASP.NET, IIS, Visual Basic .Net (VB.Net), SQL Server 2000, .Net 2.0, custom modules development, custom skin
Technical Analysis Charting and other projects: Consumed a web service and accessed database to display different charts
- Tornado graph of largest unrealized gains and losses
- Moving averages for 5, 10, 50, 100, 200 days
- Exponential moving averages
- Bollinger bands
Brooks Automation Consultant Billerica, MA
Merrimack College Consultant Andover, MA
Compass Freight Forwarding Consultant Boston, MA
Backbay Shutter, Co, Inc. Consultant Woburn, MA
SosZey Productions Consultant Alexandria, VA
StorkBundles.net Consultant Bedford, NH
EyeTownCenter.com Consultant Florida
Clientele before 2000
Sapphire Six Consultant Waltham, MA
TPMS Consultant Natick, MA
Basic Car Rentals Web Developer Manchester, NH
Mount Sinai Hosp. Consultant New York, NY
Physicians Computer Network Project Leader Needham, MA
Practice Management Systems Project Leader Needham, MA
Access Unlimited Programmer Boston, MA
Contract Work During High School and College
CYR Construction Programmer Lawrence, MA
Time, Tools, and Talent Programmer Hampton, NH
Winco Identification Programmer Tyngsboro, MA
Logicraft Programmer Nashua, NH
Travelodge Programmer Gettysburg, PA
Masi Plumbing and Heating Programmer Nashua, NH
19821986 Gettysburg College Gettysburg, PA
- Bachelors Degree, Math; Minor in Computer Science